Friday, January 23, 2015

Reworking Sketches


| Reanimated |

For the past two or three weeks I have been participating in these Work in Progress-meetings with some of the members from Finconauts (a Finnish fb group for digital artists). I think I have learned a lot or at least taken into use some of the techniques that I knew were around, but didn't apply too much myself. Here is the original sketch:




With the notions I got from the meetings, I adjusted the angle in which the huge bird is (to make it more threatening), added some feeling of atmosphere and distance with the slight use of fog and flying particles (might need to work on these a bit more). AND for the setting I first created a mock-up in 3D with Blender to get the "camera" right and test the lights. I found that to be really helpful as I felt that I didn't get everything right and it actually stopped me from working on this for a while.

I would love to colour this, but we'll see if I'll get around to that.

2 comments:

  1. :O
    Woooow... That's freaking amazing. Such an improvement! You're entirely made of awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :DDD Thank you!! And it was mostly thanks to the encouragement I got from the meetings that made me feel like I can actually pull that change off. :D

      Delete